The 2018 World Cup has got off to a flyer. We are still yet to see a dull game and there has already been plenty of upsets. World Cup Champions Germany are in trouble of going out after losing to Mexico in their opening game. Argentina are also in real trouble after poor performances to date. We've outlined who needs what from there remaining games to progress for the round of sixteen. Some top nations are in real trouble check it out below...
World Cup group stage permutations: Who needs what to progress?
World Cup Permutations
World Cup Permutations: Group A - B
Uruguay v Russia - Cosmos Arena, Samara
Saudi Arabia v Egypt - Volgograd Arena, Volgograd
- Both Russia and Uruguay are already through to the last sixteen and are fighting it out for the top spot.
- Russia need to avoid defeat against Uruguay to finish top. With an inferior goal difference Uruguay need to get all three points to claim the top spot.
- Egypt and Saudi Arabia are already out and will be playing for third place in the group. Saudi Arabia need to win to not finish bottom.
Iran v Portugal - Mordovia Arena, Saransk
Spain vs. Morocco - Kaliningrad Stadium, Kaliningrad
- Spain are in pole position to qualify and just need to avoid defeat against bottom of the group Morocco.
- Portugal also only need to avoid defeat against Iran to qualify. If they lose they can still progress as long as Spain also lose and by a bigger margin.
- If Both Portugal and Spain lose whoever loses by a bigger margin will miss out.
- The top two currently have identical records, as it stands Spain currently qualify due to a better fair play record.
- Iran's task is simple, beat Portugal. A win will see them leap frog them and finish top if Spain lose.
- Morocco are already out and will be playing for pride.
World Cup Permutations: Group C - D
Denmark v France - Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
Australia v Peru - Fisht Olympic Stadium
- France have already qualified and just need to avoid defeat against Denmark to finish top of the group.
- Denmark need to avoid defeat to the French to qualify unless Australia lose to Peru then they'll qualify regardless their result.
- Australia need a lot to go their way, first they've got to beat Peru. Then they need France to beat Denmark at a big enough margin so Australia have a greater goal difference.
- Peru have already been eliminated.
Nigeria v Argentina - Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg
Iceland v Croatia - Rostov Arena, Rostov
- Croatia have already qualified and may rest players against Iceland.
- Nigeria will qualify if they can beat this lacklustre Argentinian side.
- An Argentina and Nigeria draw will allow Iceland to qualify with a two goal win over Croatia.
- If Iceland fail to beat Croatia, Argentina can qualify by beating Nigeria. However, if Iceland do beat Croatia, Argentina need to win and better the Iceland score.
World Cup Permutations: Group E - F
Serbia v Brazil - Otkritie Stadium, Moscow
Switzerland v Costa Rica - Nizhny Novgorod Stadium, Nizhny Novgorod
- All Brazil need to do is avoid defeat against Serbia to qualify.
- Switzerland need to match or better Serbia's result against Brazil to qualify against Costa Rica.
- If Switzerland lose by more than one goal Serbia can qualify with a draw. However, if Serbia beat Brazil they'll leap frog the South Americans and progress.
South Korea v Germany - Kazan Arena, Kazan
Mexico v Sweden - Central Stadium, Yekaterinburg
Mexico qualify if:
- They avoid defeat against Sweden
- Germany fail to beat South Korea
Germany qualify if:
- They beat South Korea by two clear goals
- Mexico lose to Sweden and they beat South Korea
- Finish will a better goal difference than Mexico or Sweden
- Sweden draw and they draw with South Korea, it will come down to goals scored
Sweden qualify if:
- They win against Mexico and Germany fail to beat South Korea
- Finish with a better goal difference than Germany
- They draw with Mexico and South Korea beat Germany
- Germany draw and they draw with Mexico, it will come down to goals scored
South Korea qualify if:
They beat Germany, Mexico beat Sweden and they finish with a better goal difference than Sweden and Germany
World Cup Permutations: Group G - H
England v Belgium - Kaliningrad Stadium, Kaliningrad
Panama v Tunisia - Mordovia Arena, Saransk
- England and Belgium are set the play it out for top spot. Their records are currently tied with England topping the group with a better disciplinary record.
- Panama and Tunisia are already eliminated and Panama need to win to avoid finishing bottom.
Japan v Poland - Volgograd Arena, Volgograd
Senegal v Colombia - Cosmos Arena, Samara
- Japan will qualify if they avoid defeat against Poland.
- Senegal will qualify if they avoid defeat against Colombia.
- Colombia need to beat Senegal to qualify for the round of sixteen.
- Poland have now been eliminated.
Next West Brom Manager Odds
West Bromwich Albion could soon be on the look out for a new manager with Steve Bruce under huge pressure from the Hawthornes faithful following their defeat to Swansea City on Sat......